1.09.2010

We're DONE.

Yes, it's true. We graduated! Do you know what that means? No more homework. I know, there are so many other implications to this fact that are probably a lot more important, but the only one that I can think of at the moment is: no more homework. Hurray!!!

We are both so excited to be moving on. School was a blast though. We learned so much. The most valuable lesson that we both learned from BYU-Idaho was simply how to learn. We realized that teachers and books can only get you so far. Anyone can gain an education if they just work for it. Not to be all corny about BYU-Idaho, but it really is a great university. One of their main goals, they say, is to create "disciple-leaders," and I really feel like that is what they do. I've grown so much in the past two years. A lot of that is living out on my own and, of course, getting married. But I've had such great opportunities to learn and teach and work harder than I've ever worked in my life. Even when you take out all of the curriculum, I've gained a very valuable education in Idaho and I am so grateful for it.

We had such a great vacation spending time with the Child family – what an amazing family they are. I'm sure they realize it, but I constantly want to grab each one of them by the shoulders and look them right in the eye and tell them how lucky they are to be part of such a wonderful family. I love the Spirit that I feel each and every time I enter their home. I love how even the first time I ever met them, they felt like family to me. They are the type of people who live what they believe and leave no question of where they stand. I have so much love for each of them. Chase and I will miss them terribly, so we better start saving for a lot of trips back to Idaho.

Beautiful :)


So now we are job-hunting and wondering when we are going to be "kicked out" of our apartment. Isn't it great being graduated? Haha. We love it though.

If there is one thing that I've gained a strong testimony of, it is that Heavenly Father answers our prayers. I have had far too many prayers answered to not have know that. And it is the most wonderful and comforting feeling to know that as long as we are trying to do what is right and are praying in faith, everything will work out. There have been so many times where I have asked for help and strength and direction. And I have always received answers, but most of the time the answers I receive are not what I thought I wanted or come in a very different way that I had hoped for. Yet every single time, without fail, things work out for the better. It always turns out to be a blessing in the end. I am so grateful for a Father in Heaven who loves me and knows my needs. I know He is looking out for each of us. :)

Anyway, here are some pictures from graduation:




And I almost forgot! Chase had his hernia surgery 2 days before we graduated. The picture above always reminds me of it because it's more of a grimace than a smile. :) He's feeling a lot better now, but his incision is still a little tender. He has a cut about 5 inches long! We decided he probably got a hernia from lifting a 250 lb. TV (which, I am sad to say, is sitting on the back porch still) but we're still not sure if he really ever had one. But at least it's common enough that it's kind of a preventative measure. Anyway, he's really been a trooper through the whole thing. I'm proud of my bug! It's so hard for him to sit still and let others do things for him. But we've been really blessed to have great friends and family help us move. Although, I'm not so sure it's a good thing – I have a feeling that every time we move from now on he'll try and pull the, "I can't, I have a hernia" thing.


So for a little recap, I'm sorry I have been terrible about blogging. I feel really bad because there have been a lot of memories from college that I'm sure we'll forget :( But I think it will be easier to keep it updated now that school is over.

Chase and I are as happy as can be. We are so in love and so happy to be together all the time just being best friends. It's amazing that each day I am just happier and more in love with him. The other day we went to the temple with Chase's parents in Logan. That's where we got married and as I sat through the session, it brought back a lot of wonderful memories. I automatically thought to myself, "my wedding day was the best day of my life." Then I realized that I just thought that because I always hear people say it. But it's not true. Today is the best day of my life. And tomorrow will be the best day of my life. Each day just gets better and better because I have my best friend with me for eternity. I couldn't ask for a more wonderful, kind, and caring husband.

I know there are a lot of gaps in the last year we've been married, but I will try to keep this updated from now on! (And take a lot more pictures!!)

No comments: