2.06.2010

Chase's Birthday

Chase is 24!! I can't believe he's so old. And I only say that because to me he is just a little boy. :)

Anyway, a month before his birthday I started planning a special day for him to enjoy. On his actual birthday, which was a Thursday, I took him to his favorite restaurant, let him buy some speakers he'd been wanting, and drew him a little picture (he made me, really). He thought it was a pretty good birthday, so no complaints. But on the following Saturday, we woke up and got ready and I told him I was taking him somewhere for his birthday, but I wouldn't tell him where. I just made treasure maps out of little scrolls of paper that had hints as to where we were going.

Our first stop was In 'n' Out for lunch. Then we took a two-hour drive down to Tucson where we went to Saguaro National Park – he kind of has a cactus fetish. After that we killed some time at the mall then went to eat at Panda Express. Then, the final destination: we went to go see a show with Chase's favorite band, Saves the Day. That was definitely the best part of the day! Let's face it, you can only be so enthralled and excited about a bunch of cacti. But while we watched them play, every time he turned to look at me he had this huge grin on his face, and that made everything worth it.

Happy Birthday to my Chaser Bug! You are my best friend and I just can't get enough of you, ever. Love you :)

(Sorry for all the pictures! The first one is the picture I made for him – super weird, I know)















No comments: