4.21.2010

Life & macaroni

So, taking into account the fact that the people who may read this blog are practically non-existent, I wanted to "share" some thoughts:
  1. My camera broke. I suppose it's not all that bad since I've had it for at least 5 years. That's a good amount of use right? Except it's frustrating because I want to take a lot of pictures of all the things that are going on in our lives. Luckily, Chase's camera works. Which isn't saying much (no offense Chaser!) So anyway, if anyone has some recommendations for a good SLR camera, do tell.

  2. If it wouldn't kill me or turn my skin orange, I would eat Kraft macaroni and cheese for lunch every day. I'm so excited to be a mom so that I can finish off my kid's uneaten mac & cheese. Is that totally gross? Or just cool?

  3. We bought a puppy and named her RVCA (Ruca). She is a buttercup-colored Lhasapoo who is my new best friend, second to Chase of course. Behold the pup:

    This was when we first brought her home.

    Such a cuddlebug. :)

    So, RVCA sometimes gets really mad when we put her in her crate and she barks and whines for a while. When we take her out, she has slobbered all over herself! We hope that's a normal puppy thing?

    She thinks she's a big dog.



  4. We love our house so so so much. We love our neighbors (especially Blossom and Bill, a cute old couple who lives across the street). We love our ward.

  5. I've read several books this year, among them my new favorite series The Hunger Games. Now I am just itching to read more and more books, which is frustrating because even though I'm at home all day, I don't really have the time. I'm kind of getting into those post-apocalyptic books, like The Road, The Giver series, and Hunger Games. There is quite a genre of them out there, and I'd love to read them all. Is that creepy? Also, is it totally lame that I want to read the entire Harry Potter series again, even though I just read them last August? It is. But I'll probably still do it.

  6. Old movies are the best kind of movies. They also have the best opening credits. I started watching Lover Come Back with Doris Day and Rock Hudson. It's kind of the beginning of trashy movies I think. It was pretty risque for a Doris Day movie. But, it did have cool opening credits of animated birds and flowers and sweet typography:



  7. I have the most amazing, perfect husband/best friend. He teaches me how to be a better person every day. And he let's me have naps and ice cream. :)

  8. On a spiritual note, I came across a quote that I thought was really interesting and kind of turned a light bulb on in my head. I've always been so perplexed when I've thought about Laman and Lemuel and how they saw an angel and heard the voice of God, yet they still had no faith whatsoever. I mean, come on, how blind can you be? But then I read this quote from the Gospel Principles manual:
    "When a man has the manifestation from the Holy Ghost, it leaves an indelible impression on his soul, one that is not easily erased. It is Spirit speaking to spirit, and it comes with convincing force. A manifestation of an angel, or even of the Son of God himself, would impress the eye and mind, and eventually become dimmed, but the impressions of the Holy Ghost sink deeper into the soul and are more difficult to erase" (Joseph Fielding Smith Jr., Answers to Gospel Questions).
    Wow! Isn't that incredible? Laman and Lemuel actually SAW AN ANGEL, but they lacked something that I think I sometimes take for granted. Sometimes I think that miracles don't happen in the way they used to in the scriptures – people seeing visions and speaking face to face with God. But He's given us the Holy Ghost, something even more powerful and convincing than seeing an angel. Something He knows will stay with us. Sure, He could send angels to us, but He knows that we need something stronger, something that will not fade but will build our faith and testimonies. Reading this quote has totally changed my view of the Holy Ghost. I've always been so grateful to have it and use it as a guide in my life, but to realize how truly blessed I am to have something so powerful leaves me in awe. I hope this makes sense to you the way it did to me. I sure do love the Gospel. :)

4 comments:

Aimilee said...

Love your house and your puppy is adorable!! Glad things are going well for you guys!

Lauren Marie said...

Thank you for 13 minutes and 37 seconds of pure delight! Yes I watched the entire thing. Sometime I will come over and eat mac and cheese with you and i won't finish my bowl and then I will let you finish mine. Then you don't have to wait to eat your kids leftovers. Your dream can come true sooner than you thought!

Mike said...

I love your house and your puppy! I'm sad that we didn't get the Mesa job so we could hang out and eat mac & cheese every night! We have a Canon Rebel and it is a very good camera.

Taralynn and Kory said...

Now I'm craving mac&cheese!
Cute puppy!!
And I've always had Canon cameras, definitely would recommend them.