8.23.2010

Best Pasta Salad Ever!

So my mother-in-law is an awesome cook, and a lot of the things I make on a regular basis I learned from her! But my most favorite thing that she always makes whenever we are visiting is this simply amazingly delicious pasta salad that I usually have at least 3 servings of at every meal. I've been craving it for weeks and I finally got a clue and asked her for the recipe so I could make it and eat it and be a happy full person (which I most certainly did) and I thought I would share it on here because it makes me smile every time I think about it. I hope Mama Duck doesn't mind me posting it because it is, after all, her recipe. :)

Macaroni Salad

Mix together:
  • 1 cup Miracle Whip
  • 1 Tbsp. mustard
  • 2 Tbsp. dill pickle juice
  • 2 Tbsp. milk

Add the following to the salad dressing mixture:
  • 2 cups (raw) short elbow salad macaroni cooked in salted water, drained
  • 1 can tiny shrimp, drained (I'm not a shrimp fan, but I don't mind these at all)
  • 1 cucumber, peeled and diced
  • 4 green onions, chopped
  • 1 cup chopped lettuce
  • 6 hard-boiled eggs (boil 10 minutes), diced
  • 1 tsp. salt
  • ½ tsp. pepper

It's as easy as that! Just realize that you can play around with the
amounts of everything to suit your own tastes. She always adds a couple of dashes of paprika and little slices of hard-boiled egg arranged neatly on top. It makes a lot!

No comments: