1.04.2011

Baby Shower!

I had my baby shower on December 4th and it was incredible, to say the least. Everything was perfect, more than I ever could have imagined - I have such wonderful friends and family and I can't believe how lucky I am to have them in my lives. My best friends threw the shower for me. Amanda, with the help of Kristalyn and Lauren, made the most adorable cake, delicious treats, cute invitations, and lovely little decorations. They put so much work into it! And I couldn't believe how many people came to wish me well and congratulate us on our little guy. After it was all over and cleaned up, Chase and I laid down to take a nap and I just cried because I was so overwhelmed with gratitude. We received so many thoughtful and much-needed things for baby Finn and I know he is already so spoiled. :) Anyway, tons of pictures below... like tons. I wish I had more of everyone who came - thank you all of you for making me feel so special and loved! I don't deserve you.

We only took a couple of pictures before people showed up - I wish I had closer ones to do Amanda's handiwork justice.



The cutest cake I have ever laid eyes on. Love it!


So the theme for refreshments was "Amy's Favorite Foods" so there was Mac & Cheese, Sweet Potato French Fries, and Mini Pizzas! Mmm.








Seriously, this was my reaction to almost every gift. Haha. And I just love the cute little bear below that my friend Nikki made. :)


Finn has so much competition with his cousins. I don't think it gets any cuter than these little ladies.







Anyway, it was such a wonderful day. I enjoyed every moment. Wait, scratch that... can I just tell you that opening presents in front of a bunch of ladies who are being totally quiet and staring at you is the most awkward thing ever? I was blushing so much! But I am so grateful to everyone for coming and spoiling our little grub! :)

3 comments:

nikki said...

aww i get a shout out! i'm so glad you like your bear, i was veeeery nervous to give it to you.

Unknown said...

haha! I know how you feel!! I am horrible at opening gifts in front of people. I hate it, even though I love the gifts!! It's just awkward... :D
Glad you had such a great turn out! Glad you got so much great stuff. Glad you're going to be a mommy!!! It's the best!

Rich and Jess said...

You are so cute Amy! I am so excited for you. You are going to be such a great mom. Everything at your shower looks so cute! When are you due again?