11.07.2012

General Conference


So this is a late post because General Conference was over a month ago. But anyway, among the talks and guidance that was given, one comment really struck a chord with me. I should look up who said it, but one of the authorities talked about going to visit a poor family's home in... a country. Forgive me, I really need to look it up, it's been a while. When he entered the modest home, the only decoration he saw was a sign on the wall the read,  "My testimony is my greatest possession."

I was so moved by this because I was reminded how important the Gospel is to me... And how so much of what consumes my thoughts each day is not even important (and coincidentally, a lot of that has to do with materialistic possessions like those in the posts below). Right away I knew this was something I wanted to be reminded of each day (I wrote it on my little chalkboard and put it on the wall right by our front door as soon as the session was over) - because when it's all said and done, while everything I own and hold dear could be taken away from me, the one thing that will always be mine and only mine is my testimony.

My testimony.

I know that Jesus Christ is my Savior. I know that He is the reason I have a family that will be together forever. I know that He made the greatest, most loving and selfless sacrifice to give me that gift. I am so grateful to know that His church is on the earth today and that I am able to find so much joy in it. This knowledge is what makes life beautiful to me and everything I love and hold dear can be traced back to this truth... and my testimony of it.

I am so thankful for General Conference and the lessons I am taught as I listen to the words of inspired men and women.

1 comment:

Aubrey said...

thank you for your testimony, not only in your words, but how you live your life <3 you uplift me