8.13.2011

Just Things.

We had our three year anniversary a week ago. We went to a nice steak house. It was great to just relax and talk and eat yummy steaks. For our anniversary the same thing that happens every year happened: we decided not to do gifts but then we both get each other something anyway. Chase got me the movie Fantastic Mr. Fox which is probably one of my most favorite movies ever! And he also got me... a Kindle!! WOOH! I love it. I just finished The Help today as a matter of fact - it's such a perfect way to read when you have a scoundrel of a baby getting into trouble all the time. You can set it down and come right back to it, all using just one hand. Good job honey bug. :)

I got Chase a new stripe-tastic shirt from Urban Outfitters and surprised him by finally... FINALLY decorating our room that has been so boring and bare for almost 2 years. I will post photos as soon as we find some side table lamps for it! I've also been working on some nursery decor, so I'll post pics of that too.

Anyway, here are some of the things I made to decorate our room. They are simple and don't take much talent to make, but are meaningful to us.



Okay, I actually didn't make the shark one for our room. I made it for my very shark-tastic friend Nikki because she loves shark week more than anybody ever ever.
And I love her.



Chase and I both had the Ticket watch from Nixon. It's how we met, on a Ticket Tuesday (hence the name of our blog). Anyway, here's our sweet little watches. When Chase proposed he gave me a watch first, and then a ring. He said the watch was for time, and the ring was for all eternity. He's so sweet and sappy. :)



This is a quote from one of our favorite songs by Fun. Our favorite line is, "We should live until we die." And we should.


This is hanging above our bed in a huge 11x30 inch frame. Our faces are the O's in Goodnight. It's how we first kissed.

My roommates had one of those cliche signs above our apartment door that said "Always Kiss Me Goodnight." When Chase dropped me off one night at the door, we stood there talking. A friend of his walked out of the apartment across the hall and teasingly said, "Heyyyy you better do what that signs says Chase!!" So then we stood there and I finally said, "Sooo, are you going to kiss me?" And he said, "Is that okay?" I said yes. Then we kissed. Then he said, "Thaaaaank you."



And this is just a creepy awesome picture I made a while ago but never posted. Don't worry. It's not in our room.
It's in the guest bathroom.
Just kidding!


2 comments:

nikki said...

AH i got a shout out on your blog! i feel so importante! (and mexican apparently) and i LOVE my shark photo! every time i see it it makes me smile and remember to be sharky!

Amiee said...

HAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!! This picture cracks me up! So funny!!