8.24.2011

Teeth & Crawling

Finner-Finner-Chicken-Dinner is 7 months old! Which is really messed up, I'm so not ready for my little man to grow up. It's bitter-sweet because each day he is changing so much and I just love him more and more as he grows, but at the same time I'm dreading the day when I'll look back and miss all these perfect moments with him - maybe I never will because I'll just be so wrapped up in loving him at whatever stage he's at? Anyway, he is the sweetest, cutest, silliest, most wonderful little boy in the world and Chase and I cannot get enough of him.

So three new things: He has two teeth (as of yesterday), is crawling all over the place and (also as of yesterday) is pulling himself up to furniture to stand! Seriously kid, you can just stop now and give your parents a breather. So many changes means he it is a lot more difficult to keep him from getting into trouble, but also means he has that many more ways to show off his adorableness.

So he started crawling about a week and a half ago. He had been rocking on his hands and knees for what seemed like a month and then finally figured out how to move. Here's a video of the first day he started officially crawling. He's a lot faster now... unfortunately. :)



So now that he crawls, he is SO not interested in any toys unless they are RVCA's. If he sees her bone he'll lunge after it and I have to race to him before he sticks it in his mouth. The only other thing he's interested in - other than crawling anywhere he can, pulling up on furniture and bumping his head on things - is our phones and our computers. We're trying to be very strict about not ever letting him play with our phones at this point, but he wants them sooo bad. He'll do just about anything to get his hands on them or our laptops. This morning I had my computer out on the floor and it was like some kind of crazy-mad-baby switch went off in his brain. His eyes got big, his mouth opened into a manic grin, and he propelled himself at it faster than I've ever seen him move. So for the next 10 minutes I slid my laptop around me in a circle on the carpet and Finn just chased after it relentlessly while I laughed my head off. He does this cute thing when he crawls where he pops his little baby bum up between each "step" and it just melts me. I finally was laughing too hard and he was too quick and smeared all his lovely drool on the keyboard so I thought it was time to stop, or else I think he'd have kept going all day!

I almost forgot - he also loves door stoppers. You know the boingy ones that are like a springs sticking out from the wall? He just sits there on his tummy and pulls them back and forth so they boing really loud. Also, my computer is telling me boing is not actually a word, but I refuse to believe it.

RVCA loves the new-and-improved crawling Finn more than anyone. For some reason he's a lot more fun when he is right at her level. They get a hoot out of each other, as you can see:




They are basically best buds. :)


As for teeth, here's the first one (you can see it better if you click to view the full-size photo):


Also for an update on us, life is so good! Chase got a raise at work and I've been keeping busy with my web design job. Casey and Aubrey - some of our best friends from our BYU days - are moving down here and we are so excited to get to hang out with them again! And I'm finally getting around to decorating - I'm almost done with our bedroom, I just need to paint the lamps we got from a thrift store. Finn's room is almost done too. Next on the list is refinishing a sweet mid-century desk that our good friends Adam and Amanda were too kind to give us because they couldn't take it with them to law school.

Chase is almost done writing a new song. He's trying to play and record his music more, which makes me so happy. He is so ridiculously talented with music. Hopefully Finn takes after him.

We're pretty boring, so I'll talk more about Finn:
  • He loves yogurt melts. He starts grunting and shaking his arms when he sees me opening the bag.
  • He thinks RVCA sneezing is the funniest thing in the world.
  • He loves to eat our noses:



  • He is so happy all the time. He's such a good sport about everything and just loves to laugh and grin and be tickled, it seems.
  • He's had 4 haircuts so far, and a BIG bald patch on the back of his head that is mostly covered by the hair above it (read: comb-over). It's growing back in, but for now he's rockin the bowl-cut look.
  • He's started making more advanced sounds, like babababa. Except he only does them when he's crawling, haha.
  • He has a big stuffed soccer ball from Ikea that he LOVES. Which is good, because I'm gonna raise him to be a soccer star! Well, only if he doesn't have my bad knees.
  • He goes down for naps and bedtime wide awake most of the time and falls asleep quickly, but he's still waking up once a night. I still don't know why he does it considering up until 4 months he was sleeping 11 hours every night, but I don't have the heart to do anything CIO-related. I'm just cherishing the extra cuddles!
Annnd I can't think of anything else to write about. So I'll post pictures instead!





4 comments:

Kim Chodorowski said...

The first picture after the last video is my favorite. This was an awesome blog post - I love that he is crawling! How fun!! I miss you on TB but am glad you're well!!

Rich and Jess said...

I love that he likes door stoppers! Claire loves them too. She pulled one off the wall at my parents house! Finn is so cute... good luck with the crawling.

Child Family said...

I cannot believe that Finn is getting that big. He should still be a little baby!! My girls are still talking about how much they love baby Finn. He is such a cute little guy!

Kristalyn said...

I love the video of Finn and RVCA. Adorable! Let's get together soon, yes? :)